Wednesday 4 June 2014


Welcome to my blog, my retreat ... my little piece of comfort.

After pondering for months about my life and purpose ... I discovered I needed something to focus on. Something to do. I'm not ashamed to admit that I am battling depression and anxiety. After losing my brother last year I have yet to come to terms with the reality that I will never see him again. I will never hear his voice and will never hear him laugh when my kids do something to amuse him. This is my reality.

I decided to start this blog as a way to express my feelings and let you into my life a little. As my counsellor once said to me: 'it's good to let it all out'.

So what is this blog all about? Initially it was going to be just about my garden (my new hobby), hence the name: 'Little Garden In The City'. I believe it will grow into much more than that (this blog I mean, not the garden). I've taken a break from work so have plenty of time to spare and have spent the last few months hiding out at home ... my home has been my safe haven. I moved into this house a year ago and it is still not completely finished. So you'll find a little of everything here relating to my home and garden. From baking to pruning, to DIY and up-cycling ... and also the occasional rant. Don't we all just love a good rant?! Just go with it! I also have 2 beautiful children - you will meet them later. I also have a wonderful husband who has stood by me through my darkest hours. We've been together 14 years ... and I can't imagine my life without him!

Anyway, feel free to message me with your comments and suggestions!

Until next time ... keep love in your hearts ... always.

Hue
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment